- The Story of Sacrifice: Ritual and Narrative in the Priestly Pentateuchal Source. Forschungen zum Alten Testament. Tübingen: Mohr Siebeck, 2020.
- The Biblical Priestly Narrative. World Literature in Translation. Berkeley; Los Angeles: The University of California Press (under contract, expected 2023; edition with Hebrew text in 2024).
Peer Reviewed Articles
- “Challenging a Priestly Credit Theology: A New Translation of Niphal חשב,” Catholic Biblical Quarterly, forthcoming.
- “Sanitized Sacrifice in Aramaic Levi’s Law of the Priesthood,” Journal of Ancient Judaism 3 (2020) 1–26.
- “The Idea and Study of Sacrifice in Ancient Israel,” Religion Compass, e12380 [Early View online], 2020.
- with Candida Moss, “The New Jerusalem: Wealth, Ancient Building Projects, and Revelation 21–22,” New Testament Studies 66 (2020): 351–366.
- “Ritual Sequence and Narrative Constraints in Lev 9:1–10:3,” Journal of Hebrew Scriptures 17 (2017): 1–35.
- “The Composition of Numbers 32: A New Proposal,” Vetus Testamentum 63 (2013): 408–432. Available here or
request a PDF by email:
- “The Literary Representation of Sacrifice in the Hebrew Bible,” in New Perspectives on Ritual in the Biblical World, ed. Laura Quick and Melissa Ramos (T & T Clark, forthcoming).
- “Dissertation Spotlight: Story and Sacrifice: Ritual, Narrative, and the Priestly Source,” Ancient Jew Review, March 6, 2019.
- “On the State of Pentateuchal Criticism,” Ancient Jew Review, November 30, 2014.