This is a list of lectures I have given for both academic and popular contexts. In some cases, I have included links to the slides, text, and/or handouts that accompanied the lecture. These links can be found in brackets at the end of the entry.
Conference Papers and Invited Presentations
- “Establishing Authority in the Priestly Cult: A New Analysis of Lev 10.” SBL Annual Meeting, November 20, 2017.
- Invited response to Sarit Kattan-Gribetz, “Gender and Ancient Jewish Reading Practices.” The University of Chicago Divinity School, March 1, 2017.
- “Ritual Sequence and Narrative Constraints in Leviticus 9.” SBL Annual Meeting, November 20, 2016. [Talk, Slides, Handout]
Community and Invited Lectures
- “Leviticus 17 and the So-Called Holiness Code.” Hebrew Bible Workshop at the University of Chicago, May 15, 2017.
- “Story and Ritual in Leviticus.” Anshe Emet Synagogue, Chicago, IL, May 6, 2017.
- “The Big House: Capturing Divine Presence in the Temples of the Ancient Near East.” Anshe Sholom Bnai Israel, Chicago, IL, February 17, 2016. [Slides]
- “Birthing Leaders: The Stories of Moses and Sargon.” Anshe Emet Synagogue, Chicago, IL, January 9, 2016.
- “Narrative and Ritual in the Inauguration of the Priestly Tabernacle.” Hebrew Bible Workshop at the University of Chicago, February 25, 2015.
- “Using Accordance for Source-Critical Research.” Hebrew Bible Workshop Technology Exchange, University of Chicago, February 11, 2015. [Handout]
- “Why Leviticus is More Interesting than You Think.” Kol Sasson Congregation, Skokie, IL, May 17, 2014.
- “The Composition of Numbers 32: A New Proposal.” Hebrew Bible Workshop at the University of Chicago, October 15, 2012. [Slides, Handout]